Local Court New South Wales

Family Law

Most family law matters, such as divorce, are not heard in the Local Court. They are dealt with by the Family Court of Australia or the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.

The New South Wales Local Court has limited jurisdiction to hear some family law applications such as:

  • property settlements
  • residence orders.

The forms used in the Local Court for family law matters family court forms.

For more information about family law, forms and fees and publications, refer to:

The National Enquiry Centre (NEC) is the entry point for all telephone and email enquiries on family law court matters (Federal Circuit Court and Family Court of Australia). The NEC can provide information and procedural advice, forms and brochures and referral advice to community and support services. NEC staff cannot provide legal advice.

Last updated:

30 Apr 2021

Was this content useful?
We will use your rating to help improve the site.
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Top Return to top of page Top