Local Court New South Wales

Service providers

There are many ADR providers. They range from government provided and publicly-funded dispute resolution organisations to private professional organisations.

Community mediation

Service providers include Community Justice Centres (CJC). The centres provide free, community mediation services and can assist with a wide range of dispute types, including neighbourhood issues, family relationships, debts and money and employment issues.

Court-annexed ADR

A number of courts offer court-annexed ADR, which is run by a registrar or other officer of the court at no charge. For details see:

Private and other ADR providers

You can access solicitors who conduct ADR through the Law Society of NSW, which has a number of ADR programs.

You can access barristers who conduct ADR through BarADR, an initiative of the Bar Association of NSW.

Access the Register of Nationally Accredited Mediators.

Family dispute resolution

If your dispute is about parenting matters, you may be looking for a family dispute resolution practitioner to conduct family dispute resolution in accordance with the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth).

See the Family Dispute Resolution Register to find a service provider.

Last updated:

21 Jul 2023

Was this content useful?
We will use your rating to help improve the site.
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Top Return to top of page Top